Former Huawei autonomous driving R&D head joins Geely’s ZEEKR
日期：2023-03-28 07:06:33 / 人气：3
Chen Qi, one founding member of Huawei’s autonomous driving team and former director of autonomous driving R&D department of Huawei’s Intelligent Automotive Solution Business Unit (IAS BU), was named as vice president of ZEEKR. As the head of the brand’s autonomous driving business, Chen Qi will report to An Conghui, CEO of ZEEKR.
According to his LinkedIn information, Chen graduated from Xi’an Jiaotong University in 2003 and once worked in ZTE for nearly two years. In 2005, he joined Huawei and started to serve as director of autonomous driving R&D department in 2019. Several months ago, he left the tech giant.
ZEEKR 001; photo credit: ZEEKR
Huawei’s IAS BU is expanding rapidly. Its autonomous driving team has over 1000 members. At the same time, many senior staff have left the company this year, including Jiang Jun, head of mapping and data, Zhang Xiaohong (director of intelligent driving product group) and Peng Xueming (head of sensor fusion) as well as Chen Qi.
ZEEKR, a new electric mobility technology and solutions brand from Geely Holding Group, is also expanding its autonomous driving team, which has more than 100 people currently, to reduce dependence on partners, like Mobileye.
- MIIT: China’s intelligent vehicle road test mileage surpasses 5 million km2023-03-28 07:00
- Gasgoo Daily: Baidu’s JIDU to unveil mass produced automotive robot in Nov.2023-03-28 06:41
- China adds about 31,000 public charging piles in January, up 772.6% YoY2023-03-28 06:36
- Car and City: Jan. 2022 registrations of HUAWEI2023-03-28 06:25
- 斗罗大陆：奥斯卡不亏是唐三好兄弟 ，宁愿身死也不愿唐三考核失败2023-03-28 05:50
- BYD unveils new brand identity for group, passenger vehicle unit2023-03-28 05:40
- Gasgoo Daily: XPeng joins three European auto associations2023-03-28 05:35
- FAW Audi denies to relocate sales unit to Hangzhou on April 152023-03-28 05:18
- 惹不起的3生肖 ，3月突飞猛进福运傍身，生意兴隆，不再为钱发愁2023-03-28 05:07
- HUAWEI’s auto partner Sokon Group: definitely not a contract manufacturer2023-03-28 04:21